INov8 Winter Percussion is announcing today a new performance based scholarship for member fees, and this season it's in the form of a video challenge. The scholarship will be awarded to one individual in each of the following four classifications:
· Battery "Vet" – An Auditionee who has previously performed with INov8 on a battery instrument and is auditioning in the battery section for the 2018 season
· Battery "Rookie" – An Auditionee who has not previously performed with INov8 on a battery instrument and is auditioning in the battery section for the 2018 season.
· Front Ensemble "Vet" - An Auditionee who has previously performed with INov8 on a front ensemble instrument and is auditioning in the front ensemble for the 2018 season.
· Front Ensemble "Rookie" - An Auditionee who has not previously performed with INov8 on a front ensemble instrument and is auditioning in the front ensemble for the 2018 season.
Here's how to participate:
1) Click HERE to register and download the 2018 INov8 Technique and Exercise Program
2) Record a video of one of the following exercises, depending on classification:
a. Battery – Paradiddles at 162bpm (see pg 54 in the technique and exercise manual)
b. Front – Instant Crush at 110bpm (see pg 36 in the technique and exercise manual)
3) Upload your video to YouTube with the title "2018 INov8 Video Challenge - [YourNameHere]" and tag it with the following “INov8 Winter Percussion”, “2018 Auditions”, “WGI Percussion”, and the instrument on which you are auditioning (i.e. Snare, Tenor, Bass, Cymbals, Marimba, Vibraphone, Synth, etc)
4) Make the video public (you may disable YouTube comments) and share a link to your video in the comments section prior to Sunday, September 3rd, 2017
*You must be registered to qualify
**Cymbals and Bass Drums will need to choose a specific cymbal/drum to play the splits.
***Make sure your video contains your name in order to be eligible and receive your critique.
****Only one submission allowed per auditionee. Be mindful of the critique items below when recording.
Each video will be critiqued by the staff based on the same criteria we will use at our auditions (shown below). The auditionees with the highest ranking for each of the classification will be announced at the first INov8 Audition on Sunday, September 10th at Floyd Central High School.
· Rhythmic Accuracy
· Dynamic control
· Sound Quality
· Performance Quality
Each winner will receive a $100 scholarship on 2018 membership fees. Scholarships are not transferable. Scholarships may not be applied toward member gear or other merchandise. For those who choose to pay member fees in installments, the scholarship is applied to the last installment of fees.